Dallas Overtime and Unpaid Wage Attorneys
The experienced team at Vethan Law Firm, P.C. (“VLF”) has won claims all over the country for workers seeking justice on overtime and wage hour law claims. We have a reputation for aggressively prosecuting our clients’ rights, and a history of significant wins over our twenty years of existence.
Dallas is known for its diverse economy and pro-business attitude, and its workers have put it on the map as a glamorous example of what can be accomplished with hard work and a “can-do” attitude. But with that buzz and businesses coming in from all over the country, some employers still do not treat their employees fairly or legally, especially when it comes to paying overtime wages. The federal Fair Labor Standards Act (the “FLSA”) means business. Know your rights as a worker, individually and collectively. Let VLF’s Dallas overtime lawyers take care of business for you and your buddies, and let’s make sure your paycheck includes all those extra hours you put into your jobs.
What Are Employer Responsibilities?
Under the federal law non-exempt employees are entitled to overtime pay when they work more than 40 hours in a week. Even if you are called a “salaried employee” or a “contractor” or “manager”, you may be entitled to overtime. Your duties are what determines if you are exempt from overtime. VLF’s overtime lawyers will fight to get employees compensated for their hard work. Paying overtime is not a privilege but an obligation required by federal law.
You may be entitled to overtime if:
- You work more than 40 hours per week without overtime;
- You are denied overtime because you are designated ‘Salary’ employee;
- You are improperly classified as a ‘Manager’; or
- You are misclassified as an ‘Independent Contractor’ when you should be listed as an ‘Employee’.
Why Choose Us as Your Overtime Lawyers?
Our law firm has received the prestigious AV Preeminent Rating by an independent rating agency, and our Managing Partner is board certified in Civil Trial Law and Consumer and Commercial law. Our qualifications speak volumes:
- Experienced in prosecuting National Class Actions for unpaid overtime;
- Experienced in trying cases in California and Texas;
- Routinely try national defense firms; and have received
- Favorable decisions by federal courts novel issues