Austin Overtime Lawyers
Who We Are
The experienced team at Vethan Law Firm, P.C. (“VLF”) has won claims all over the country for workers seeking justice on overtime and wage hour law claims. We have a reputation for aggressively prosecuting our clients’ rights, and a history of significant wins over our twenty years of existence.
Austin is known for its quality of life and a high-tech economy based on a pro-business attitude. But with that buzz and businesses coming in from all over the country, some employers may not treat their employees fairly or legally, especially when it comes to paying overtime wages. The federal Fair Labor Standards Act (the “FLSA”) means business. Know your rights as a worker, individually and collectively. Let VLF’s Austin overtime lawyers take care of business for you and your buddies, and let’s make sure your paycheck includes all those extra hours you put into your jobs.
Why Choose VLF’s Overtime Lawyers
Not only has our law firm received the prestigious AV Preeminent rating by Martindale Hubbell, but our Managing Partner is board certified in Consumer and Commercial Law. Additional credentials for overtime litigation include:
- Prosecuted National Class Actions for unpaid overtime;
- Tried cases in California and Texas;
- Routinely prosecuted claims against employers defended by national labor & employment law firms; and
- Obtained favorable decisions from federal courts on complex overtime issues.
When May Overtime Apply?
- Regardless of title, you may be entitled to overtime even if:
- You are paid a salary;
- You are called a “Manager”; or
- You are paid as an independent contractor.What Are Employer Responsibilities?Your employer cannot decide whether or not to pay your overtime. It is not the employer’s choice. Federal and state law guarantees non-exempt employees payment of overtime and the required state minimum wages. Working on a salaried basis, or being called a “contractor” or “manager”, does not mean you are exempt from overtime. Your duties determine if you are exempt. Our overtime lawyers will investigate your claim and fight to get you paid for your work.
How Do You Claim any Unpaid Overtime?
If you are an employee in Austin and believe you or your co-workers are being denied overtime, contact us today! Get paid for your hard work. These are time-sensitive claims, do not wait until it’s too late to claim the unpaid wages and overtime pay you deserve. We fight. We win. Make the call!